Let’s begin with smartphone integration
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto put your phone’s content at your fingertips. This stereo’s controls behave like your phone’s interface, so there’s no learning curve. Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and you’ll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Get moving with lots of music options
If you dig Internet radio on your iPhone or Android, you’ll really dig playing music from Pandora™ and Spotify™ on this receiver. If you’re looking for radio stations that won’t fade away, add a SiriusXM tuner to this JVC to enjoy satellite radio’s deep programming from Boston to Berkeley. The KW-V850BT also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations too. Got a high-res music library? You’ll be stoked that the KW-V850BT supports high-res file playback including FLAC and DSD files on a USB drive. But don’t worry, you can still play CDs and DVDs, too.
If you want quick access to music controls, this receiver’s monitor touch control makes skipping a track and turning the volume up as easy as a simple swipe or circular gesture on the touchscreen display. Speaking of control, you can also control this car stereo directly from your iPhone® or Android™ phone using JVC’s free Remote S app.
Expansive sound options
This receiver also offers an impressive array of sound-sculpting controls, including a 13-band graphic equalizer and digital time alignment. Since much of today’s music uses compression which can sometimes muddle the sound, JVC’s K2 technology helps bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver also offers Sound Lift, which adjusts your music’s frequencies to virtually “raise” your speakers for better, more natural imaging. The KW-V850BT also includes three pairs of 4-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it’s time to add amplifiers to your system.
Go wireless with Bluetooth®
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks, along with hands-free phone calls. You can quickly switch between two paired phones — handy for vehicles with more than one driver. Many portable high-res audio players also include Bluetooth, so you can stream your personal music collections while you’re on the road. When it comes to streaming audio, JVC’s Streaming DJ feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist. Just remember to share!
For its vibrant display, JVC includes a customizable layout and an electronic angle adjustment, providing better visibility depending on the radio’s dash location in your vehicle. You can jazz things up with “live wallpaper”, which creates a background that responds to your music. Add rear and dash cameras to this receiver’s two camera inputs, and the display will also show off the video — super handy to keep you safe.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The KW-V850BT offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the JVC’s screen. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.8″ Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- customizable display background and 4-step angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- plays high-res FLAC (up to 24-bit/192 kHz) and DSD (up to 11.2 MHz) files on USB drives
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- automatic iPhone and Android pairing using the USB connection
- control the stereo using JVC’s free Remote S app
- works with wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connection
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- digital signal processing and tone controls:
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment; 8 EQ presets and 4 user presets
- K2 technology improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Sound Lift compensates for low speaker positions
- Volume Link EQ boosts specific frequencies to compensate for road noise
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input (mini), two camera inputs
- outputs: rear video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- optional wireless remote
- blue button illumination